When the surgery is closed:
– If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
– If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
– Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
– NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
You should call 111 when:
- you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- the GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- you don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain.